Recent Actions – Questions
Written a first draft of questions to include in the survey.
They include areas such as:
- Screenreader use
- Experience of WordPress
- Feelings about using WP overall
- Questions about specific WP admin functions – options will range from ‘Works great’ to ‘Broken’ (in relation to using these functions with a screenreader)
Concerns about Data (etc)
I’ve recently been worried about a few thing. It’ll be interesting to see if writing this Introduction assuages any of these anxieties.
Here they are:
- I won’t be able to find enough respondents with WP / screenreader experience. This, I think, is my main worry – there are plenty of screenreader users, but how many with WP experience will respond to the survey in the short time allotted.
IS THERE ANY POINT TO HAVING RESPONSES FROM SR USERS WHO HAVE NEVER USED WP??
- My survey – and actually the whole study – is aimed at two types of user, and I’m concerned about using a single survey.:
- SR users who simply use WP as a platform for very simple functions, such as publishing content
- SR users who use WP to create more complex sites using the full range of Admin functions – menus, widgets, custom post types etc etc
- These survey data concerns may be lessened as my data collection will probably be threefold:
- Survey SR users
- Elite interview(s) with sr/wp user and (?) wp/a11y expert
- Measurement of WP Admin against AA guidelines
Next Action – Introduction Draft 1
About to write a first draft of the Introduction; supervisor has requested it be 500 words – BIP guidelines recommend about 1500 words, so this version will be an outline (and I won’t worry about word length much).