Mark is a long-standing member of staff at the University of Salford who is now undertaking a postgraduate degree at Salford Business School.
Mark is me.
I am studying MSc Information Systems Management. I have completed two modules (Digital Innovation; Project Management) and am now starting the third: Information Systems.
This blog will provide a platform for me to create a Digital ID and to submit assessed blog posts.
Here are some IS-related themes I may wish to explore; from the top of my head to the back of an envelope:
- Google – turning information consumers into the product. Innovative market creation; Matrix #1
- The right to be forgotten
- Apple, Google, Samsung, Microsoft – rise of the machines, realisations of dystopic sci-fi nightmares. Matrix #2
- Social media – tearing people apart or strengthening the bonds of community?
- Ad-blocking – the death of free information or the beginning of an ethical Internet?
I work as a Digital Communications Officer at the University, so I make websites as part of the Digital Marketing team.